VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: ECF-SADC 1 2021; Finance & Administration Manager
The Electoral Commissions Forum of SADC countries (ECF-SADC) is an independent regional organization in which each country of the SADC region is represented by its electoral management body. The ECF-SADC members include the electoral management bodies of 14 SADC countries- namely; Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Tanzania, Zambia, Zanzibar and Zimbabwe. The Forum has been in place since July 1998, and it has played an important role in ensuring that the management of elections in the SADC countries is improved and in building the capacity of election management bodies to fulfill their roles.
Amongst other objectives, the ECF-SADC aims to:
- Strengthen co-operation amongst Electoral Commissions in the Southern African Development Community; and
- Promote conditions conducive to credible and transparent elections in the SADC region.
The ECF-SADC Secretariat is based in Gaborone, Botswana.
Suitably qualified, experienced persons from the SADC region are invited to apply for the above position. Applications should accompany the following;
- a short covering letter stating the position applied for and relevant qualifications, experience and competencies;
- an updated curriculum vitae;
- certified copies of your Degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s)
Closing Date for applications: 30th May 2021
Job Summary; Overview
The Finance and Administration section of the ECF-SADC Secretariat includes services related to ECF-SADC resources (Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Administration, Information Technology, Logistics Support and Security Management of the Forum’s assets and infrastructure). The Finance Manager has overall control responsibility for all financial aspects of the Organization strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings with the most realistic outcomes. Accurate classification accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards is key. The Finance Manager manages and leads the organization including relevant structures and teams through month ends, quarter ends, year ends and annual budgeting and managing policies regarding capital requirements, taxation etc. Being part of the senior management of the Secretariat, the Finance Manager is expected to support the Executive Secretary in strategic and high-level operations and implementations.
The Finance& Administration Manager is responsible for all Human Resources and Administration matters of the ECF-SADC Secretariat, including the following functions;
- To ensure high performance environment
- To keep the Executive Committee updated with the financial position of the organization and provide feedback on strategy deliverables.
- Manage supplier agreements and ensure effective procurement of goods and services.
- Manage and control the maintenance of the accounting & financial records.
- Oversee the design implementation and adherence of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting processes.
- Manage budget, planning and forecasting report & ensure reduction or no errors and omissions in the day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate with the tax authorities, bankers, and other key stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Liaison with external auditors.
- Report on a monthly basis to senior management of the Secretariat and on a quarterly basis to the Finance & Audit Subcommittee.
- Oversee the Human Resource and administration functions; implementation, evaluation of HR policies and related procedures.
- Manage Junior staff and their career development.
- To monitor implementation of key deliverables & provide strategic support to other units of the ECF-SADC Secretariat
Essential Requirements, Skills & Expertise
- A degree in Accounting/ Commerce and registered with a professional accounting body e.g., BICA/CIMA/ACCA.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage e.g., MBA.
- Member of Institute of Accountants
- 10 years post qualification accounting experience with minimum 5 years in a Managerial Position.
- Strong skills in accounting systems like PASTEL, ACCPAC, EXCEL, WORD and POWERPOINT.
- People management working with different departments and teams.
- Good perspective and judgement relation to changing business requirements.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Problem solver.
- Technical skills.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting critical deadlines.
- Organisational skills.
- Budgetary, resource management and strategic planning.
- Four (4) year employment contract
- Monthly salary of $ 2,116.14
- 15% housing allowance
- 15% Car allowance
- Fixed Communication allowance
- 50% medical contribution by employer