External Advert No. 1 Of 2020
The Electoral Commissions Forum of SADC countries (ECF-SADC), is an independent regional organization, which comprises Election Management Bodies (EMBs) of the SADC member States. The ECF-SADC plays an important role in ensuring that the management of elections in the SADC countries is improved and in building the capacity of election management bodies to fulfil their roles. The ECF-SADC Secretariat is based at Fairgrounds Office park in Gaborone.
The ECF-SADC, seeks to recruit suitably qualified Botswana citizens for the following position:
Finance and Administration officer
1. Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for amongst others the following:
- Cash Flow Management and Financial reporting
- Maintenance of Financial Records and Memoranda
- Preparation of budgets
- Management of Debtors and Creditors
- Compile regular financial and administrative reports;
- Security of the Forum’s assets and organisational infrastructure.
- Coordinating Service Level Agreements with service providers
- Management of assets, general administration including Human Resources Management;
- Maintain database of suppliers and other service providers
- Support other units in administrative functions.
2. Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Administration
- At least two years of experience in an Accounting or Finance or Administration environment
- Knowledge of Pastel Accounting System will be an added advantage
- Exposure to regional or non-governmental organizations will be added advantage
- Preferably in the age category 30-40 years.
The ECF-SADC offers an attractive remuneration package, which is commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience. Kindly note that this is a two-year contract position subject to renewal on performance basis.
4. Method of Application
Applications with the subject: External Advert No.1 of 2020 , together with CVs including copy of National ID card and certified certificates should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2020 . Only short-listed applications shall be responded to.
The Executive Secretary
Private Bag 00284, Gaborone